Bhutan Country Thundering Dragon
The unusual flag, measuring happiness instead of money, exceptional care for nature, to say the least, strange use of marijuana and strange drawings on the houses are just some of the things in Bhutan immediately notice.
1. The name of the country derives from the Sanskrit and translate it as “the end of Tibet”.
- Bhutan borders with only two countries, China and India and Asian concepts of the surface is very small country.
The flag of Bhutan has only two colors – red and yellow, and in the middle of dragon claws in each holding one gem.
4 Bhutan its development is not measured by gross national product, but believe it or not, gross national happiness! This idea was introduced in 1972 and still in force.
- the average citizens of Bhutan have only 27.2 years. Incredible sound or almost 50% of the population is younger than 17 years.
- king of the earth wearing a crown bearing the raven. He is the national bird of Bhutan, and sometimes terrible crime was to kill ravens.
In the country is growing more marijuana than ordinary grass, but most residents had not consumed. On the contrary, it is mainly food pigs.
Gangkhar Puensum with its 7570 meters the highest mountain in the country, but carries the title of the highest mountain in the world whose summit is not yet conquered.
9 Paro Airport is the only international airport in the country. Surrounded by the peaks of the Himalayas is one of the most difficult landings, and at the moment only eight pilots in the world have permission to land here.
10 Bhutan is the only country in the world that is completely banned the cultivation, sale, and consumption of tobacco. Whoever is caught selling tobacco, can end up in jail for up to five years.
- Thimphu, the capital and largest city of the country, it is probably the only major city in the world that does not have a single traffic light.
If you get here and on the walls of houses you see pictures of the penis, you know that they are not there because they are Bhutanese perverted or anything like that, but thus protect the house from evil spirits.
- Bhutan is the only country in the world to absorb more carbon dioxide than it produces.